What to Expect at Your Next Appointment
- For your peace of mind, and that of our staff, we have invested in hospital-grade HEPA filtration systems for the treatment rooms.
- Doctors and team members will fill out a pre-screening form prior to each shift. Patients will also be required to fill out a pre-screening form & a new consent form prior to each appointment.
- Touch free thermometer temperature screening might be done upon arrival.
- Fewer appointment times will be available and they will be staggered to optimize distancing measures.
- Walk-ins will no longer be permitted. Appointments must be pre-booked. Only minor patients or patients requiring assistance can be accompanied.
- We ask that all patients entering the office use the hand sanitizer provided and wear their own mask.
- Plexiglass barriers have been installed at the reception desk and the furniture has been re-arranged to facilitate physical distancing.
- After entering the treatment room we ask that all patients rinse with a hydrogen peroxide mouth rinse for 60 seconds.
- For fillings or restorative procedures, doctors will use a dental dam barrier when possible which will largely eliminate aerosols produced.
- Staff will wear enhanced PPE in accordance with the requirements of the Collège according to the procedures they are performing. All staff is trained to follow the procedural infection control guidelines for aerosol-generating procedures in the treatment rooms, as set forth by the RCDSO & other governing bodies.
- Enhanced cleaning & disinfection protocols of high touch surfaces & common areas are in place.
- We ask that the next appointments be booked in the treatment rooms if possible, or by phone to limit the time spent in the reception area.
- Personal conversations at the front desk should be kept to a minimum to help maintain distancing measures & to help us preserve the flow of our schedule.
- We ask that patients use the hand sanitizer again, before exiting the office.
- There will be a fee increase of 5% for all dental services.
We understand that these measures will take some getting used to and we thank you in advance for your patience, understanding & cooperation. Please call us prior to your appointment if you have any questions or concerns. We’re all in this together!